REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including public speaking
- Minimum of five years teaching background preferred
- Strong knowledge of pedagogy and educational tools, including relevant technology
- Student-centered, global, and innovative approach to teaching
- Strong teaching experience with diverse age levels and abilities is preferred.
- A student-centered, global, and innovative approach to teaching is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pedagogy and educational tools, including Mac and Google platforms
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; joyful, enthusiastic, and reflective colleague
- Evidence of lifelong learning and professional development
- Flexibility in working with a variety of faculty across the divisions on faculty committees
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Fabrication tools
- 3D printers
- Laser cutters
- CNC machines
- Cricut Cutter/Plotter
- Associated CAD/CAM
- Arduino and Similar Microcontrollers
- Microbit and Hummingbird
- Makey Makey
- VEX V5
- VEX IQ
- Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
- Required to lift and carry up to a maximum of 25 lbs., in a correct manner consistent with the appropriate training provided by the School.
- Occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during the course of employment.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- May use telephone, computer, copier, and other office equipment in the course of a day.
- Required to sit while operating word processing equipment for up to 6-8 hours daily, repetitive motion for typing and other keystroke needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This may include warm, hot, or cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
TRAITS OF GREAT CHADWICK TEACHERS
Chadwick seeks the following personal and professional qualities in its faculty and staff:
1. Student-centered: Prioritizes dedication to the intellectual, social-emotional, ethical, and physical well-being of Chadwick students; committed to teaching in ways that foster an inclusive culturally responsive classroom, inspire joy in learning, and actively engage all students.
2. Collaborative: Eager to build relationships, work with students beyond the classroom, and demonstrate the energy, flexibility, and drive required to help the Chadwick community fully realize its potential; contributes effectively to working teams and remains open to feedback and input.
3. Professionally Grounded: Core values of respect, responsibility, compassion, honesty, and fairness guide all interactions; conveys curricular and instructional depth of knowledge and understanding, with the goal of growing continuously as a teacher in order to support student learning and the Chadwick community and mission.
4. Innovative: Actively seeks and skillfully incorporates new, versatile practices, approaches, and technologies that support authentic learning experiences that encourage students to reflect and apply learning to their lives and the world around them.
5. Globally Minded: Oriented toward preparing students to have a positive impact on an increasingly diverse, interconnected world as global citizens who respond to cultural differences with respect, empathy, and understanding; remains actively conscious of own implicit biases.
Required Screenings: TB assessment Clearances: Livescan background check
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of the position