REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years teaching background preferred.
- Deep and broad knowledge of computer science, including the development of foundational discipline-specific skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of software development tools such as git, subversion, VS Code, Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio and data structures and their implementation.
- Knowledge of Java programming language, as well as common data structures and their implementations (i.e. Stacks, Queues, LinkedLists, Trees, Graphs, etc).
- Strong knowledge of pedagogy and teaching experience with diverse age levels and abilities is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; joyful, enthusiastic, and reflective colleague.
- Evidence of lifelong learning and professional development.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
- Required to lift and carry up to a maximum of 25 lbs., in a correct manner consistent with the appropriate training provided by the School.
- Occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during the course of employment.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- May use telephone, computer, copier, and other office equipment in the course of a day.
- Required to sit while operating word processing equipment for approximately 6-8 hours daily, repetitive motion for typing and other keystroke needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This may include warm, hot, or cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
TRAITS OF GREAT CHADWICK TEACHERS
Chadwick seeks the following personal and professional qualities in its faculty and staff
1. Student-centered: Dedicated to the intellectual, emotional, social, and ethical well-being of Chadwick students as our first priority; able to engage them collectively and individually as whole people possessed not only of intellect but of passions, feelings, thoughts, and lives outside of school; and committed to teaching in ways that inspire a joy in learning and engagement in every student.
2. Collaborative: Eager to work with colleagues and students and to contribute creatively to effective working teams.
3. Professionally grounded: Passionate about and well-educated in the field of education; up-to-date on current research on teaching and learning, with the goal of growing continuously as a teacher in order to support the school’s mission
4. Innovative: Committed to pushing the boundaries of education by experimenting with and developing new techniques to provide the very best student experience.
5. Globally minded: Oriented toward preparing students to have a positive impact on an increasingly interconnected world, with a commitment to diverse perspectives and multicultural inclusion.
6. Technologically competent: Able to integrate technology meaningfully as an essential element in the teaching “toolbox.”
Screenings: TB Assessment and Livescan Background check
Chadwick School has a COVID 19 vaccine mandate. Please contact Katie David email@example.com or 310 377 1543 ext. 4027 with questions.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the position.