ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at Atlanta International School are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full-time, leave replacement position teaching MYP Individuals & Societies. The tentative dates of this position are from November 12, 2021 - March 14, 2022.
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Reports To: Group Leader, Individuals and Societies
- Teaching Middle and High school-aged students; it will involve MYP Individuals & Societies courses in Grades 6, 9 and 10.
- Be actively involved in the schoolwide professional community.
- Supervise Extended Essays or Personal Projects.
- Develop curriculum and resources we have on digital platforms.
- Serve as an advisor for a group of 10-15 students.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience teaching Individuals & Societies or social studies.
- Experience with MYP/DP or similar program.
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience.
- Ability to integrate technology in a 1:1 teaching environment.
- Familiarity with current international educational practices including inquiry and concept based learning, authentic assessments, and Project Zero.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community including students, staff, and parents.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Type: Full Time